SUD Youth Counselor, No 175
Full Time Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Youth Counselor needed for local community mental health, addictions and housing agency. This position will provide individual and group counseling, as well as assessments, to youth with substance abuse disorders. This individual will be able to collaborate with clients to develop individualized treatment and discharge plans, case management, and other therapeutic services. Majority of services will be provided in Clark County middle and/or high schools.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently in the field with little supervision.
- Great communication skills, a sense of humor and the ability to work as a part of a proficient and cohesive team.
- Experience with conducting chemical dependency assessments and working with youth who have substance abuse issues.
- Easy going, sense of humor, self-starting
- Detail oriented, organized, adept with the use of computers and electronic health records
- Minimum of one year of Behavioral Health experience
- Knowledge of community resources (medical, benefits, supportive housing, etc.)
- Experience with co-occurring disorders, trauma and homeless issues
- Previous experience conducting chemical dependency assessments
- Valid Washington State Dept. of Health CDP or CDPT credential
- Master’s degree in related field
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment
- Knowledge of SUD Theory, behaviors/barrier stages, ASAM, appropriate interventions and the capacity to maintain good therapeutic boundaries
- Must be able to obtain Clark County Jail clearance and School Clearance
- Must have access to a car, have a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
- Must authorize CSNW to obtain current driving record from the Department of Motor Vehicles (and annually thereafter) to determine driving eligibility. Driving record must meet CSNW’s vehicle insurance carrier’s minimum standards related to driving for the purpose of determining eligibility.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403b Retirement Plan
$15 – $18 an hour depending on education and experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Resume@126.96.36.199. Make sure to reference the SUD Youth Counselor, No. 175 position. Please submit in MS Word or PDF format.